This 1902 Foote Pierson Register was installed in the Oakland Fire Alarm headquarters at 14th and Washington St. prior to the 1906 Earthquake. The building was damaged in the 1906 earthquake and was relocated to a new building in 1911 at 1310 Oak St, Register required no winding and ran directly off the 100ma circuit.
This unit was created for use in the Fire Stations by John L, Du Frane for use in the Oakland Fire Stations These units were phased out in 1931.
1906 Gamewell Tape Register. These were used in the Central Office and some stations until 1922
These tape registers were developed and patented by Gus Steinitz, Oakland Instrument maker. This style was developed for the Central office at 1310 Oak St.
These 1931 version of the Steinitz register was developed and patented by Gus Steinitz specifically for the Oakland Fire Stations.
Copyright © 2020 Oakland Boxes - All Rights Reserved.